Director of Admissions
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Full-time, 12-month position Start Date: January 2, 2018.
School Mission: Through the implementation of Integral Formation, Pinecrest Academy strives to form Christian servant leaders who will transform society.
The Position: The Director of Admissions is hired by the Headmaster and supervises and coordinates the members of the admissions office, empowering a dynamic work group responsible for promoting the growth and expansion of the school through efforts that are consistently complimentary and compatible with the school’s mission statement, policies and priorities.
Responsibilities include recruitment, marketing and enrollment management activities, including outreach to prospective students and families; management of the application, evaluation, and committee decision-making processes; maintenance of relevant data and statistics; and effective communication with families and other constituencies. In collaboration with the Directors of Communications and Marketing, he/she oversees the institutional integrity of all publications, related marketing materials, press releases, branding, etc. of the school to prospective families.
This position reports to the Headmaster.
Requirements: BA/BS; MA/MBA preferred; 5+ years’ experience in admissions, preferably in an independent school setting or similar.
Admissions and Communications responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Each fall, provide measurable and achievable annual goals (3-5) and a five-year vision to the Head of School and Leadership Team in the areas of admissions and communications;
- Adhere to established policies and procedures for student recruitment and enrollment;
- Articulate the mission of Pinecrest Academy to potential students and their families;
- Facilitate interaction between administrators, teachers, parents, students, and their families;
- Plan, select and purchase recruitment, admissions, and enrollment materials and giveaways
- Work with students and families through the admissions process;
- Organize student/parent tours;
- Organize and execute the student Ambassador program;
- Coordinate the selection of and training of student ambassadors;
- Coordinate the selection of and training of parent ambassadors;
- Maintain orderly records on status of applications, deadlines, etc. within online databases and online application and enrollment software.
- Coordinate re-enrollment process for returning families;
- Read applications and guide admissions decisions based on criteria based upon Pinecrest Academy’s mission and philosophy;
- Organize and direct the admissions committee;
- Schedule and plan for annual Open Houses;
- Collaborate with the Advancement group and other school departments and divisions in developing and managing marketing strategies, including production of solicitation materials;
- Provide appropriate communication on behalf of the school with all potential partner schools;
- Communicate with partner school principals, admission directors, counselors, and local parish pastors;
- Facilitate and market to International students as appropriate;
- Develop marketing/recruitment strategies and outreach to the greater community;
- Assist with additional duties as assigned by the Headmaster
This position requires a high level of independent decision making along with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
If you are interested, or know someone who is qualified who may be interested, please contact Mrs. Nix
directly in person, or by email.