- The Substitute Teacher is accountable to the Principal or Assistant Principle The Substitute Teacher is responsible for providing classroom coverage for a teacher who is absent.
- The substitute works the regular hours of the absent classroom teacher during his/her absence. Including but not limited to lunch, carpool, after care duties.
The Substitute Teacher should meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree perferred.
- A license is not required but preference is givien to those eligible for, or in possession of, approve Georgia Teaching License in the subject.
- Familiarity with the subject(s) being taught.
- Demonstrate some knowledge of the principles and methodologies of effective teaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and mainitain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, & the public.
The specific responsibilities of the Substitute Teacher include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teaches content and skills in subject area utilizing curriculum designated by Pinecrest Academy and other appropriate learning activities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
- Communicates with teacher (s) and school counselors on student progress or issues.
- Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.