Part-Time Bus Driver
Now hiring part time CDL licensed school bus driver. Drivers select their own schedule. Most trips are on weekday afternoons and Saturdays. New bus fleet with air-conditioned buses. Buses transport athletic teams and students on field trips. $17.50/hour
ESTIMATED WORK SCHEDULE: 20 Hours per week, not to exceed 800 hours per year.
Position is responsible for operating a school bus and transporting students and other authorized personnel safely and efficiently to and from athletic events, field trips and apostolic activities. Position conducts pre-trip inspections, observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs other duties related to bus cleanliness and minor maintenance.
- The Bus Driver will report to the Transportation Coordinator or a specified Transportation Employee.
- The Bus Driver ensures that the bus can be operated safely before driving and conducts pre-trip inspections as required by federal and state laws.
- The Bus Driver obeys all traffic laws and transportation practices as outlined in the CDL Manual and Pinecrest Academy’s procedures listed in the employee handbook.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and keeps all emergency exits clear of obstructions.
- The Bus Driver will report all accidents immediately, requests police or ambulance service as needed; assists injured persons and completes all required accident reports.
- The Bus Driver exercises responsible leadership and appropriate behavior which conforms to all of Pinecrest Academy’s policy and procedures, including appropriate dress attire.
- The Bus Driver must maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) as required by the Department of transportation.
- The Bus Driver must maintain a current Red Cross first aid/CPR certification.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Must possess basic first aid/CPR certifications.
- Must possess knowledge of, or the ability to learn local street and road systems.
- Must be capable of working independently and be able to interact in a positive and proper manner with students, parents, and faculty.
- Must possess an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift equipment and /or student weighing 40 pounds.