Pinecrest Academy, a PK-12th grade Catholic private school in Cumming, Georgia, is looking for dynamic individuals to be Substitute Teachers in our Lower, Middle, & High Schools for the upcoming school year.
- The Substitute Teacher is accountable to the Principal. The Substitute Teacher is responsible for providing classroom coverage for a teacher who is absent.
- The substitute works the regular hours of the absent classroom teacher during his/her absence. Including but not limited to lunch, carpool, and aftercare duties.
Substitute teachers serve in the absence of a regular contracted teacher on an as-needed basis throughout the school year. Along with carrying out the daily curriculum provided by the teacher, substitute teachers are expected to provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment for the students.
Ideal candidates would possess Christian values along with previous teaching experience, substituting experience, or working/volunteering in other child/student-related environments.
The specific responsibilities of the Substitute Teacher include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teaches content and skills in the subject area utilizing curriculum designated by Pinecrest Academy and other appropriate learning activities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health, and attitude problems.
- Communicates with the teacher (s) and school counselors on student progress or issues.
- Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.