The Pinecrest Academy Athletics Hall of Fame was established in 2017 to honor those whohave made outstanding contributions to Pinecrest athletics. Selection will take into considerationpersonal excellence in athletic, academic, and service to Pinecrest Academy and thecommunity.Committee Management and Administration
The Pinecrest Academy Athletic Department will manage the Committee and have finalauthority in regards to its administration. The Director of Athletics will serve as the Chairman.Selection/Number of Committee Members and Policy Review
To establish the Committee, the Pinecrest Academy Director of Athletics shall select a total of12 members comprised of coaches, and representatives of faculty/staff, and alumni. The Director of Athletics may also select non-voting advisors who may offer counsel to advance themission of the Pinecrest Academy Athletics Hall of Fame. The Director of Athletics and the Assistant Directors of Athletics will serve in non-voting capacities except for Committee member selection and policy changes when the Director of Athletics and the Assistant Director of Athletics will have two votes each. Members will serve for an initial period of two years, and maybe confirmed for additional two-year terms with two-thirds confirmation of the Committee. Nomination and confirmation of new members will occur every two years by the currentCommittee membership. Policy changes require two-thirds vote of the Committee.The initial 12 Committee members will be comprised of:
Athletic Director, acting as Committee Chairman
Assistant Athletic Director, acting as Committee Vice-Chair
Assistant Athletic Director, acting as Committee Secretary
6 Head Coaches
4 Faculty representative
2 Alumni representativesCriteria for SelectionStudent-Athlete:
- Must be an alumnus of Pinecrest Academy who graduated in good standing a minimumof seven years prior to their nomination
- Attended Pinecrest Academy for at least 3 years
- Must have exhibited excellence in their academic and personal lives during and aftertheir Pinecrest Academy years
- Must have achieved a significant level of success in high school in their respectivesport(s) as determined by the Committee
- Outstanding athletic achievement after high school will be considered
- Service to Pinecrest Academy will be taken into consideration
(One of the following requirements must be met and will beconsidered for selection.)
Friend(s) of Paladin Athletics:
- Nominees are considered seven years after their retirement/resignation from Pinecrest
- Length of affiliation with athletic program will weigh in decision for selection
- Nominees must have coached at the varsity level or served as athletic director orassistant athletic director at Pinecrest Academy for a minimum of five years. (Exception:Posthumous nominations can be made at any time.)
- Nominees must have made a significant contribution(s) to the Pinecrest athletic program- time and/or treasure.
- Success of teams in region and state competition
- Honors and awards
Nominating and Voting/Confirmation Process
- Nominees include friends of the program who are no longer associated with Pinecrest Athletics.
- Nominees must have made a significant contribution(s) to Pinecrest Athletics - timeand/or treasure.
- Nominees must be exemplary role models for the students of Pinecrest.
- Nominees must exhibit excellence in personal and professional life after their time at Pinecrest.
Anyone may submit a nomination for the Pinecrest Athletic Hall of Fame. All nominations go before the Leadership Team prior to going before the full Hall of Fame Committee. After the Leadership Team has fully vetted all nominees, the full Hall of Fame Committee will vote on whomoves forward for final voting on induction. An athlete or contributor must be nominated eachyear in order to be considered. Potential inductees may be nominated more than one time, andnominations must be submitted by May 1.
The Hall of Fame Committee members will vote via e-mail within three weeks after the Nominating Meeting, voting for no more than three student-athlete nominees and onenon-athlete nominee. During the three-week voting period, additional information may be disseminated to the Committee about the nominees, typically answers to questions posed during the Nomination process. In an effort to support the philosophy and need of the school toencourage all student-athletes to be multi-sport participants, the voting requirement forsingle-sport athletes will be 80% for induction as opposed to a 2/3 vote for multi-sport athletes.Earning a varsity letter in at least two sports as a junior and senior is required to meet thedefinition of being a multi-sport participant. Former Coaches, Administrators and Friends ofPaladin Athletics is a 2/3 voting requirement.
The top three student-athlete candidates, and the top non-athlete candidate, receiving the equired percentage of votes will be confirmed annually, but no candidate will be confirmed unless they receive a minimum voting requirement. If more than three student-athletes, or onenon-athlete, receive the voting requirement, the nominees representing the oldest years will beconfirmed. Any nominee failing to be confirmed may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
All inductees will be notified by the Athletic Department of acceptance into the Athletic Hall ofFame before a public announcement is made. Names of inductees will be announced to thepublic after all inductees are notified. Nominee must be able to attend Hall of Fame Ceremony to be inducted (unless extenuating circumstances).
Should a Committee member be unable to fulfill their responsibilities for any reason, the AthleticDirector may appoint an alternate voter until a new member can be confirmed in order to have atotal of 12 voting members.Recognition
Each honored athlete will receive a commemorative plaque which is a replica of one to bedisplayed on the Pinecrest Academy Athletics Hall of Fame wall in Lower Atrium of the UpperSchool Gym. Honored athletes will also receive a “free athletic ticket for life” to any Pinecresthome sporting event held at Pinecrest Academy, exclusive of region and state competitions.